Me during the broadcast of "Much On Demand" outside in front of the Muchmusic building in Toronto, ON on September 25, 2003.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Winnipeg Nightclub & Nightlife Stuff

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE FIRST EDITION OF "THE BEAU ZONE" ON THE HARD ROCK HEROES WEBSITE FROM APRIL TO JUNE 2004.

I didn't go to see the oldies acts at Oktoberfest in 2003, although I would have liked to. What time do they come on? I called the office to ask and they refused to tell me. I left my name and number for a manager to call me and he never called. Look, if they can't be bothered to tell me what time the acts go on, I guess I can't be bothered to show up. I really have no idea. If it's The Zoo or the Royal Albert, they close at 2:00 a.m., so I know what time the last band will go on. You just backtrack everything from 2:00 a.m. Plus bands at The Zoo generally go right up to 2:00 a.m. as well, and maybe a few minutes past. At the Arena, the first band is at 7:30 p.m. and that's on your ticket and in the advertising. You can predict when the headlining band comes on. But what about Oktoberfest? How do you know what time the bands come on? And what time does it close? 2:00 a.m.? 1:00 a.m.? The office couldn't tell me that, either. What if I go to see Paul Revere and the Raiders and they're doing their last song as I'm showing up? Bullshit. So I didn't go. Clean up your act for 2004, Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment