Me during the broadcast of "Much On Demand" outside in front of the Muchmusic building in Toronto, ON on September 25, 2003.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Dick Clark/Mariah Carey New Year's Eve Comment

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE EIGHTH EDITION OF "THE BEAU ZONE" ON THE HARD ROCK HEROES WEBSITE FROM MAY TO NOVEMBER 2006.

The ads this past New Year's for Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve said, "the first ever performance in Times Square" by Mariah Carey. Well, that was the first FOR THAT SHOW, the Dick Clark show. It is NOT the first Times Square NYE TV performance. I believe that honor went to Lindsay Lohan on MTV's Iced Out last year. I'll tell anyone - if I'm wrong and someone can give me info about an earlier performance, please do. Until then, Lindsay Lohan was the first. I will say it was cool seeing Mariah sing live on Dick Clark on ABC, then appear for a cameo on MTV (I can picture her handlers traipsing her across the street from ABC to MTV), then go back again to hang out with Dick's co-host Ryan Seacrest. Doing the MTV cameo was cool for logistics fans like me, but going back across the street to ABC again as well? That was da bomb and groovy!

No comments:

Post a Comment