Me during the broadcast of "Much On Demand" outside in front of the Muchmusic building in Toronto, ON on September 25, 2003.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Charlotte/Simple Plan Winnipeg Concert Fiasco

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE SIXTH EDITION OF "THE BEAU ZONE" ON THE HARD ROCK HEROES WEBSITE FROM AUGUST TO DECEMBER 2005.

Does anyone know why Simple Plan bailed out of their gig with Good Charlotte here in Winnipeg, MB? It was kind of a fiasco, as they were originally booked into the 2000-seat Burton Cummings Theatre that sold out in five minutes, then the show was moved to our arena, the MTS Centre, THEN Simple Plan is mysteriously off the show! Hey, it's in an arena and it sold out the theatre because it's "Good Charlotte & Simple Plan," NOT Good Charlotte and two no-name bands that ended up opening for them. I actually heard a bit of talk on this on the radio but not enough. As I awoke from a nap, I heard Remo on Hot 103 saying, ".....and that's why Simple Plan isn't opening for Good Charlotte anymore." I thought I'd read about it in our two daily newspapers but they both mysteriously ignored it! What's the dirt on this? What's the conspiracy? Good thing I didn't buy a ticket! I was going to buy one when the show first moved to the MTS Centre but couldn't get around to it for a couple of days and I'm glad because it was after those two days that I almost heard Remo as I describe above. Good thing I didn't immediately do it! Wow, what a bait-and-switch this appears to be! Maybe some party didn't want the Winnipeg media "putting ideas into fans' heads" of potentially asking for refunds because Simple Plan cancelled. Maybe promoters or someone's management wanted the Winnipeg fans to forget Simple Plan were ever on this bill. The promoters should have moved it back to the theatre once they found out Simple Plan was dropping out. So does anyone know why Simple Plan dropped out?

No comments:

Post a Comment