Me during the broadcast of "Much On Demand" outside in front of the Muchmusic building in Toronto, ON on September 25, 2003.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

That '70s Show Stuff

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE FIFTH EDITION OF "THE BEAU ZONE" ON THE HARD ROCK HEROES WEBSITE FROM APRIL TO AUGUST 2005.

Did you see that That '70s Show where Kelso gives Fez a box of Playboys? The guys realize later on in the episode they've left Fez alone in Eric's basement with them, so they rush to check him out. They find him passed out on the couch, covered in Playboys. Good thing I was watching this on tape - I thought to myself, "Hey, that one over his leg looks familiar - is that the one with former late-period Charlie's Angel Tanya Roberts on the cover, who also did a nude pictorial?" I rewound the tape and took a closer look and no, it wasn't. If it was, that would have been a good inside joke, as Tanya Roberts is now, of course, Donna's mother on That '70s Show. Then I went to my own copy of that issue to check the date, and it turns out it was a 1982 issue. So they couldn't have used it on That '70s Show. They're still in 1979 right now.

Also, how about having the gang in a department store in the TV section changing the channel of every TV to a different station? I loved doing this in the '70s when I was a teenager. Of course, now you can't do this because every store has the TV sets either programmed from a main source elsewhere that customers like me can't touch (awww!!) and therefore are playing the same channel on every set, or are playing a DVD on every set. Boring. I'm glad I grew up in the '70s and not now! Of course, the show's producers would have to get the rights for all the shows they put on those sets, I suppose. But if they could, it would certainly be a lot of fun to see the gang in a TV store on, say, Tuesday night after 8:00 p.m. EST seeing Happy Days on one channel and whatever was opposite it in 1979 on another channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment